The Afrolitt’ meetings enable people to come together in order to discuss about a novel previously announced by the coordinator and read by the participants.
These meetings take place every nine weeks in Lausanne and Geneva (Switzerland). They are announced through Facebook and/or the Afrolitt’ mailing list and discussions are in French. Anyone interested is welcome to join, independently from one’s knowledge in literature from sub-Saharan Africa and its Black diaspora.
Attendance to the Afrolitt’ meetings is generally free of cost.
Where to find the books?
- Afrolitt’ collaborates with the bookstore Oraibi + Beckbooks and with the library Infokiosque, two independant structures based in Geneva. Books discussed within the platform are available at both, either for purchase or rental.
- Most of your local libraries offer online or on-site ordering options for paper-books which they do not have in store. Delivery time can range from a few days to a few weeks depending on the availability of the book. Payment options are usually cash or invoice.
- Online ordering platforms exist and extend their services to Switzerland and Ghana. Most of these sites require online payment.
- Some books also exist in Kindle/e-Books format. They can be purchased and downloaded online and are read on screens.
- You can also find some of the books in your local libraries. For people living in Accra, Libreria Ghana (West Legon) has most of them.